Saturday, January 16, 2010

Practice

I did not play any music today. This was strange because I wanted to but just did not. What I did do was practice the bass line to a song that I have been working on. I am calling it Nostalgia 90. I decided on this name because the song reminds me of a song that I had heard in the early to mid 90s. It is not a cover but does defiantly use a sound from the song a bit reworked. I have been using my Hoffner bass for the song but I am also still trying to get the bridge set up properly on the guitar so it sounds a bit sharper than it should. In general I like where the song is going. It still needs work and I am not yet ready to record it either. I think that I have a rhythm part worked out on a guitar too. I am very excited to work on this song. I don't think that it is going to go on the current album that I am working on though. I think that I have enough track for that album already. I think that this song and on other that i have the basics recorded for will go on a different album as they don't fit the one that I am trying to finish up.

I have about 10 records that I have ready to record before I get back to writing and recording my own music. I am very excited to get back to my music but I want to finish one thing before I start working on another. It is really just a stopping point with the records than an "I am finished" with the records.

Not a big post but it is something.

Signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment