Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Nothing spectacular but still,

Today I listened to The XX - XX. This album came with a digital download so I have already heard this album but the album sounds so fantastic that I could listen to it every day. It is also very unique and sparse. I would almost say that it is personal or a bedroom album. It is not sexy but it is something that you would listen to with your significant other.

I also was going to listen to Grizzly Bear - Horn Of Plenty. I did not get to it though. This album also came with a digital download though so I am not so hurt that I did not listen to it. There is good stuff on this album but all together it is not a great album.

I did listen to the Sound Opinions pod cast while at work today. Jim and Greg talked with Kid Sister primarily through the episode. She is a Chicago hip hop star. She is actually very good. What I was really concerned about was the review of the new Vampire Weekend album. I really like the first album and will probably get this new one. There is already two singles off this new album.

I have a Marty Robbins greatest hits album. I really like his music but it is difficult to find on vinyl. I tried to play this album on my latest turn table (last years birthday present) and found that there is a skip on the album. I don't remember there being a skip in the album so I was very disappointed. I will try to record it on my other player. I run my other player at a heavier weight on the cartridge than is recommended. I only do this for really beat up records. I hate to do this with this record but I really want this music in a portable format.

I have lots more stuff to talk about but that is all for today.

Signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment