Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A beginning

This is my first blog. The point of writing this information is my enjoyment. If others find this interesting then yeah me.

This blog is going to be about music. More specifically, the music that I listen to and the music that I create. The music that I am converting from vinyl to MP3 and the music that I am playing through video games. I am looking forward to writing about all the music that I hear on a daily basis.

To start with, I am currently listening to Spoon - Transference before it is released through NPR's first listen. I like it but is is not as catchy as their previous releases to me.

Earlier today I listened to/recorded from vinyl to MP3 per side (the side files need to be cut up into tracks) the following albums:

Cheech & Chong - Los Cochinos


I listened to this album a lot when I was in high school (90-94). I am very excited to get this album converted to MP3 so I can listen to it on the go. I still have my Walkman cassette player but the iPod is so much more useful now.

Simple Minds - Once Upon A Time

I remember the single Alive And Kicking from the 80s. It is a really great song.

Eric Clapton - Slowhand

The singles from this album are fantastic. I got this album from my Father-in-law. He had two copies and gave me his second. There is nothing wrong with this vinyl copy especially after I cleaned it.

Joni Mitchell - Blue

I found this classic album for 4 bucks at my favorite used book store, Half Priced Books. I think that it is the original Reprise release too.

Yes - 90125

I love the first track off this album, Owner Of A Lonely Heart. This album was recently repressed on vinyl. I found it on Amazon for a reasonable price.

Derek And The Dominos - Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs


This was a lucky find also at the used bookstore for 8 bucks. It is all great blues music but the real reason is to have a original copy of Layla.

I still need to cut up all of the tracks for each of these albums but this is what I listened to in music today.

I am also going to get back to my own music soon. I still have a few records to get through before I get back to that. I will talk about when I do some practicing for my music before I get back to the recording though. I will also put up links to the few songs that I have on line but later, at least not right now : )

No comments:

Post a Comment