Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Episode 9

Billy Joel - Inocent Man

I recorded this album today and realized that there were many singles that I really like a lot on this album.

From Wikipedia, “An Innocent Man is the ninth album by American singer/songwriter Billy Joel, released in 1983. It became one of his best-charted albums since Glass Houses, going directly to #2 in the UK. It featured three Billboard Top 10 hit singles: "Tell Her About It", which reached #1, "Uptown Girl", which peaked at #3 and "An Innocent Man", which peaked at #10. Four other singles were released from the album: "The Longest Time" (number 14), "Leave a Tender Moment Alone" (number 27), "Keeping the Faith" (number 18) and "This Night".”

Sorry, I got a bit lazy there. In general the album is easy to listen to. The album has a lot of great sounds that are not synthesized. This isn’t the album from him that I absolutely love but it is up there next to it.

Fleet Foxes - Sun Giant/Fleet Foxes

Today, my copy of the Fleet Foxes EP/LP came in the mail. I was very excited. Well apparently I was under the misconception that the track Mykonos was on both the EP and the S/T album. I was wrong. It is only on the EP. I am glad that I found a copy of the album that came bundled with the EP. I would have been very confused otherwise. Both pieces of music (EP & LP) have some very great songs but there are also some that just don’t seem to fit or the group seemed to be stretching the harmonies too far. I would almost want to skip some of the songs. But, I felt this way the first time that I listened to Grizzly Bear – Veckatimest. I hope that I will grow to love the Fleet Foxes as much as Grizzly Bear.

The Escape Club – Wild Wild West


This is a band from the late 80s with a smidge of country for effect. They had a major hit single in the title track, Wild Wild West. I remember watching the video for this song at school dances. I fell in love with the song and purchased the album on cassette tape. I remember going on walks with this tape playing in my walkman. It will always remind me of a time in spring when all the snow is melted but all the dirt that was in the snow is all over the ground. The album itself is not spectacular but easily singable. There is only the one single that made it to the radio for this band. I know that they did record one other album after this one but it did not do anything on the radio.

Hard & Phirm – Rodeohead (song)

I was pleasantly surprised while listening to Wil Wheaton’s RFB today. The comedy/musical group Hard & Phirm wrote a song called Rodeohead. The song is a medley of Radiohead songs done in a country or bluegrass style of music. It was kind of funny to hear my absolutely favorite bands music done in such a way.

That is all for the day

Signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment