Thursday, January 28, 2010

Episode 14

Radiohead - Live Tracks (Personal playlist)

I have been collecting music from Radiohead for a very long time now. I started collecting their music when their first full length album was released back in 1993. That first album was actually a gift from a friend in high school. I have collected many singles for the b-side tracks on them. In this collecting process I have garnered many live and acoustic tracks. I have put all of these live and acoustic tracks into a playlist on my iTunes software. I think that there are almost 50 tracks collected in that playlist.

Billy Joel - КОНЦЕРТ

This is a live album recorded in 1987. This was a part of the tour for the album called The Bridge. Joel goes through all of his popular songs and adds to cover tunes at the end. One is Back In The U.S.S.R. by The Beatles and the other is The Times They Are A-Changin by Bob Dylan. The album is more than just the songs. There is included a little banter between the tracks as if it were recorded all in 1 take. I can not prove or disprove this but it is very cool. My copy of this is on vinyl. I completely forgot that the second track has a skip in it. I remember getting a copy of this album in middle school from a friend on cassette tape. I listened to that tape constantly. Although, not enough to wear it out.

Mink Deville - S/T

I got this album from my mother. The vocals at times reminded me of Lou Reed's vocals.

The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds

I was reading about the roots of indie music today. Along with The Velvet Underground first album, Pet Sounds was also sited as one of the roots of indie music of today. I never really got into The Beach Boys. My parents did not make a fuss about the band so much. I just recently got a different album called Endless summer. When I found that Capitol was going to repress Pet sounds I felt it was an album that I should have in my collection. I found out that these new Capitol pressings are from digital source. It is not bad but strange to think that a digital source has been put on a analog media. Anyway, it is a great album with lots of heart. It has not really been duplicated very well. It is a unique sound that really makes you feel good.

Signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment