Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Episode 28

My latest purchase in music has been the limited edition of Jónsi - Go. When I purchased it I got a 3 track EP download. It featured 3 songs from the full length. The day of the release of the album I got an email with a download code. I just assumed that it would be the album on the download. I was wrong. Not only did I get the whole album (at 320kbps) but I also got the video of an acoustic 4 song set and a preview/trailer of the upcoming video for Go Quiet. I am excited to say the least about this limited edition version of the album. I am also hoping to get the album on vinyl too (but we'll see).

I realized that I have not talked about my favorite album of 2009. I have mentioned it but not directly talked about it. I purchased a lot of music in 2009 and not all of it was released in 2009 but my favorite album released in 2009 that I purchased first on CD was Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest. I actually was not all that interested in the album when I first listened to it because I thought that the highs were too harsh. I started to listen to it in the fall of 2009 while at work at a lower volume level. Once that harshness was removed I fell in love with the whole album. I found myself listening so often that I started memorizing the words to most of the songs. It was just fantastic. I had not listened to an album so often in a very long time. This is because, as I mentioned earlier, I had purchased so much music last year. The music really reminds me of the soft rock/folk of the late 70s. That style music was all over the popular radio stations. I have no idea what the bands were called from that time but I remember the peaceful feeling that the music gave to me. This style music has come back to me in the indie folk rock that has become popular of late. Although the lyrics may not be exactly peaceful that is where the music puts me. I found that I not only loved this music so much that I bought it on vinyl too but I searched out the first 2 albums on vinyl from the group as well.

Here is the video for the song that I love the most from the album.

Grizzly Bear - While You Wait for the Others

Signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment