Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Episode24

I have been slow about making updates. For anybody that cares, I am loosing the excitement. I will still continue to do the updates just a little bit more infrequently. I have also not been listening to much new music. I have mainly been listening to the Grizzly Bear album and The XX a lot. They both fit where I am emotionally right now.

I did as I said I was going to do this weekend. I changed out the 16 gauge speaker wire with the 14 gauge braided speaker wire that I got for my birthday. I think that there is for sure a sound change. The new wire seems to have increased the volume output and it seems a little more rich and or bass heavy. This is nothing dramatic mind you but it is noticeable.

There is a new thread on Amazon about what the best rock album or what album will stand the test of time in the last decade. I put my votes in and am also enjoying taking part in the discussion.

I listened to the latest Sound Opinions today. They had a special with Rivers Cuomo of Weezer. He sang Weezer songs with a local Chicago band backing him. He had never performed with them before except to do the sound check with the band. It was a very interesting set.

Because of this Sound Opinions episode I am going to give Weezer(The Red Album) a second chance. I will talk about it here as soon as I can.

I think that is all I have for now so...

Signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment