Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Episode 23

I got a set of 4 gauge oxygen free cable from a friend. I wanted to compare them to my current 16 gauge lines. The more that I think about it the more I am seeing it as to much trouble.

On a similar note. I got 50' of braided 14 gauge cable for my birthday. I think that this weekend I will cut up that cable and install it.

Today, I had some free time. I wanted to work on my most recent song. I created the file and tried to get the right tempo. I also tried to get the triplets settled. I did figure out how many times I need to get through the triplets to get it back to where I started though. I did record the bass and a lead for a Nirvana like song that I have been working on. It is good and it is simple.

I have added a lot of music over the past few months. I started adding to my 80s play lists. It is only adding a couple tracks for each year but it is sort of a fun task.

And the last little tidbit of music related news in my life is that I recently had my car stereo stolen. It happened because the front parking lot where I live was plowed and I had to park my car in a different place than I normally would have. On top of that I tend to leave my driver side car door unlocked because it likes to freeze in the winter. I wasn't as mad that the stereo was stolen (it was a cheap one) but more that there was damage done to the plastic that was unnecessary. They broke a bunch of surrounding plastic to try to get at the stereo but they could have just pulled out the stereo and unplugged the stereo instead. Whatever, I can't change it now. It is very boring now with out music in the car. : (

I also want to add that I did a short comparison of the album The Black Keys - Attack And Release. This time the comparison was with the vinyl and actual MP3s at 320kbps. There was a slight difference in the sound between the two. I think that the MP3s were slightly dull compared to the vinyl. It was mostly unnoticeable that the MP3 had a slightly lesser sound though.

So anyway, back to the music that I have been listening to.

Sea Wolf - White Water, White Bloom

This album is good, it's not great but it is good. It is not as good as their first album but I still like it. I got this album for Christmas from my mother-in-law. I was so excited that I got it on vinyl. Then I found out that it is a 3 sided album and the 4th blank side is etched with the logo for the album. This is my first album that has anything etched. It is very cool.

She & Him - Vol. 1

I actually got this album for my wife. I got it for her on vinyl. It is a very innocent, light and "girly" album. It is very sweet. I wish there was more that I could say about this (I am sure there is) but it is just an enjoyable album for me. I am excited for the upcoming release from the duo though.

No comments:

Post a Comment