Monday, May 24, 2010

Episode 38

All The Saints – Fire On Corridor X
This group put out their first album in 2008. I first heard about them through my local public radio station. They have a half hour show that reviews new music that they are playing on the radio. They reviewed this album and played a couple snip-its from the album. I was not interested in what they were saying about the album until I heard some of the music from the album. I instantly fell in love with the group. They have this classic rock heavy low sound that I loved from artists like Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath. It is new music though so although it has authentic roots it still has that new music sound.


LCD Soundsystem – Sound Of Silver
This is the second album from LCD Soundsystem. There are some fantastic tunes on this album. There were actually a couple of singles released off this album. To me the singles were not as good as one song in particular. That song is called Someone Great. Keep in mind that most of this music is electronic in nature. I liked this song so much when it came out that I used it as the basis for one of the mix CDs that I created for my then fiancé while she was deployed with the army over seas. I actually made a mix disc for every month that she was away. This was a little excessive especially for her. Toward the end of her deployment she just stopped listening to them all together. I did not make these mixes just for her though. It was also therapy for me in a way.

Led Zeppelin – II
There is not much that I can say about this album that hasn’t already been said. I will just say that it is a fantastic album. I think that it is altogether way to short but that was the way it was done at that time. There are some really great albums from that era that are only 8 or 9 songs long. They always leave you wanting more. Most of these bands that have left us with such great music have more than 1 album though so they can be forgiven for that at least.

Signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment